1972 2.7L 5speed 00SB9502

Post SM auction results here

1972 2.7L 5speed 00SB9502

Postby hydropneumatic » October 14th, 2013, 10:32 pm

Sold
Oct 13, 2013 Covington, Georgia, United States
$3601

Description
This is 1972 SM VIN # SB9502. The Engine number is 200.559/ 114/1. The clock indicates 68500 miles. It is a US version car. It has the five speed transmission. I don’t know much History except it was owned by an Airline Pilot out of Huntsville, Alabama. I bought the car as a not running parts car. It is just too good to go to parts. I went through the carburetors, Put a voltage regulator on it, replace main accumulator, replaced front spheres, replaced oil cooler lines and repaired wiring to the fuel pump. The engine seems to run pretty good, it shifts fine up and down my 1/2mile driveway. I haven’t been on the highway. The tires are too old and look bad. It is not insured or tagged. The AC comes on but isn’t cold. There is some rust in the well of the trunk like water stood in it. There are spots of rust that you can see in the pictures from paint missing but I haven’t found any structural rust and all. Alabama is not too cold so I don’t think it’s been in salt. The Floors are good, doors are good. The interior is poor but there. Door and window glass is all good. The windows don’t go down. I haven’t looked at that. It has the spare tire but it is flat. The lug wrench and stand is there. This car runs and can be driven on a trailer. It should not be driven until more sorting out is done and tires are installed. It’s too good to become a parts car. Alabama and Georgia are not title states for vehicles over 15 years old so I have no title. The car comes with a Bill of Sale only. You are encouraged to come see the car in Covington, Ga. Before bidding. If you would like to see other pictures just let me know. I'll answer any questions asap. Delivery maybe avalible depending on location. the car can be delivered to eastcoast ports.
Attachments
headliner.jpg
headliner.jpg (238.74 KiB) Viewed 6642 times
right_side.jpg
right_side.jpg (303.9 KiB) Viewed 6642 times
seat.jpg
seat.jpg (342.8 KiB) Viewed 6642 times
engine.jpg
engine.jpg (426.73 KiB) Viewed 6642 times
1972 Citroen SM
5-Speed
hydropneumatic